The 22nd Annual Maui Onion Festival is on Satuday, May 7 at Whalers Village. It is dedicated to the cultivation and promotion of the world-famous Maui Onion and is attended by thousands of visitors and residents every year.
2010 Maui Onion Recipe Contest Winner Chef James McDonald of PacificʻO and iʻO restaurants in Lahaina returns with five other top chefs to compete in the Maui Onion Recipe Contest and the chef demonstrations scheduled throughout the day:
- Chef James at 10 am
- Chef Roy Yamaguchi of Roy’s at 11 am
- Chef D.K. Kodama representing his Maui restaurants – Sansei and Cane & Taro – at 1 pm
- Chef Brian Etheredge of Capische? at 2 pm
- Chef Eric Arbogast of Cuatro at 5 pm
- Chef David Paul Johnson of David Paul’s Island Grill at 6 pm.
See complete details at the Whalers Village website ->