Slow Food Maui is sponsoring one of the Work and Learn Days at the Kihei Elementary School Garden on November 12, and we need volunteers! Work starts at 8:00 a.m. and they usually finish up about 11:00 a.m., but people don’t need to be there the whole time.
Here is what is expected from sponsors:
- Bring local, healthy snacks for about 20-25 people. (Fresh fruit, baked goodies, etc.) Nothing too fancy as they are in the garden! There are no kitchen facilities available.
- They’ll supply water, but if we want to bring some other drinks, that’s great. They’ll supply cups, napkins, plates and silverware (as needed.) Finger food usually works the best!
- They love it when their sponsors get dirty with them in the garden. Please bring hat and gloves, and wear close-toed shoes.
- Be prepared to tell people about Slow Food Maui and how they can get involved.
- They usually have a mix of community volunteers, teachers, parents and kids.