“Maui Food Product to Market Contest” is looking for a new locally made food product that utilizes the most amount of locally grown products (Grown on Maui fruits, vegetables, and more). Submissions must have commercial viability and Maui Food Technology Center (MFTC) will help one local entrepreneur take the product from idea to the store shelf.
How to enter?
• $10.00 Registration fee
• Four – six servings of product to be delivered between 9 am – 10 am on April 7
• Drop off at the Grand Taste Education tent at the Maui County Ag Festival.
• List of all ingredients in the recipe and specify the local ingredients.
• Include a short story about your product.
• 1st place – Receive assistance from MFTC consultants to complete project.
• 2nd place – Receive two hours of free consultation with Food Scientist and two free nutritional labels. ($300.00 value)
• 3rd place – One hour of free consultation with Food Scientist and one free nutritional label. ($150.00 value)
MFTC was formed as a non-profit, to offer food science services to local food product entrepreneurs. For more information contact Maui Food Technology Center at Fax: 808-878-3651 or email [email protected]