Saturday, April 5, 2014 from 11 am – 2 pm
Lūʻau Grounds at Maui Tropical Plantation
Grand Taste is a collaboration between Maui County Farm Bureau and Slow Food Maui featuring 12 farmer and chef pairings to raise awareness about the important relationship between Maui farmers and chefs. Grand Taste is one component that takes place during the Maui County Agricultural Festival. AgFestival runs from 9 am – 4 pm and Grand Taste hours are from 11 am – 2 pm. Grand Taste is a ticketed event. Tickets purchased, in advance, are $30 each (adults and children). Tickets purchased on the day of the event cost $35 (adults and children). Tickets are limited.
As in yearʻs past, Mauiʻs top locavore chefs present a dish to showcase one grown on Maui main ingredient. Participating chefs include:
Grand Taste – Chefs
- Isaac Bancaco, Kaʻana Kitchen at Andaz Maui at Wailea
- Eric Faivre, Humuhumuapuaʻa at Grand Wailea
- Gevin Utrillo, Japengo, Hyatt Regency Maui Resort & Spa
- Wesley Holder, Pūlehua, an Italian Grill
- Chris Kulis, Capische?
- Bobby Masters, Hula Grill Kāʻanapali
- Marc McDowell, Mākena Beach Resort
- Tylun Pang, Kō at The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
- Jeff Scheer, Maui Executive Catering
- Chris Schobel, Fat Daddyʻs BBQ
- Sheldon Simeon, Migrant
- Jojo Vasquez, The Plantation House
Grand Taste – Farmers
- Dave Horsman, ʻAina Haumana
- Noel Escobedo, Escobedo Farms
- Walter Evonuk, Evonuk Farms
- Geoff Haines, Waipoli Hydronics
- Bryan Otani, Otani Farms
- Chauncy Monden, Kula Country Farm
- Gerry Ross, Kupaʻa Farm
- Jamie Shishido, J. Shishido Farm
- James Simpliciano, SimpliFresh
- Sylvestre Tumbaga, Sylʻs Produce
- Fernando Traje, Traje Farms
- Emanuela Vinciguerra, Kumu Farms
Schedule of Events
- 9 am Maui County Ag Festival begins
- 9:30 am Live Chefsʻ Challenge sponsored by Kula Fields – Main Stage
- 10 am Judging – Live Chefsʻ Challenge
- 11 am Judging – Grand Taste
- 11 am Grand Taste opens
- 11 am-2 pm Chef presentations at Grand Taste Stage
- 2 pm Grand Taste ends
- 2:15 pm Awards for Live Chefsʻ Challenge and Grand Taste – Main Stage
- 4 pm Maui County Ag Festival pau!
* Schedule is subject to change based on farmers and chefs availability.
* Menu is subject to change based on availability of product due to weather and discretion of chef.
* Ticket holder should print a receipt after purchasing tickets online and bring it Grand Taste area starting at 10 am until 1 pm to pick up Grand Taste ʻstamp cardʻ.
* Ticket holders are allowed to get one taste from each farmer / chef station.
* Ticket holders must arrive no later than 1 pm.
$3.00 fee collected at the main entrance for Maui County Ag Festival
Free access to Grown on Maui Farmers Market, Grand Taste Education Chef Lecture Series, Value-added Tent, Keiki Zone, LIvestock Exhibit and more.